Thursday, March 20, 2008

Heading off to Burma tonight for a quick visa run. I don't want to give money to the Burmese govt. but am tight for time. I just checked into the overnight boat, which looks very basic. My bungalow is pretty posh and I think once I move on at the end of April, I'll need to adjust to spartan living. As long as I have my yoga mat, I should be fine. I purchased a djembe drum 12 inches and had lessons - whether I strap that to my pack is doubtful, but could lead to many fun opportunities.
I just received word from Tiffany that she and hubby do not need crew for Idonesia. We'll see what that means - I'll likely head to Nepal in May, Egypt in June and No. India for July and August. Then return to the US for Marta's wedding around 9/6? Who knows?
To continue on my daily routine from the last blog: after 2.5 hours of postures, we have breakfast. Then, we have lectures on the chakras and the associated practices and phsyiology. This varies widely. We have studied chanting, singing, voice training, visualization, coloring, painting, dancing, breathing in moving warrior poses very similar to thai chi, psychology/counseling, physiology, anatomy, energy work and the various circulatory and nerve systems as well as the cerebral hemisphere. We then have lunch at 1ish. This is almost always a salad of cabbage and carrots and tomatoes shredded like coleslaw w/out the mayo, rice and a veggie curry. We then go back to school for more of the same until we finish at 4. Sometimes I have a massage scheduled, I used to have drumming lessons, and sometimes I just hike (now ride) down to the beach to use the internet and get a fruit shake. Swimming is usually not too desirable given the shallow water and 6:00 dinner time. Dinner is similar to lunch w/the salad and rice. We have twice had black beans with a mexican theme - otherwise, fairly thai-based. On Monday, we have a movie at 7:30 like Zeitgeist, What the Bleep, etc. Thought provoking films. On Tuesday, we have a sangha - a circle where we discuss philosophy or the Bhagavad Gita from 7:30-9. On Thursday, we have chanting and singing in the sound dome from 7:30-9. On Friday, we have sound journeys, but I haven't taken one yet as I usually leave for the weekends. We usually have the weekend off with the option of attending a public welcome kirtan in the sound dome on Sunday night at 7:30. This is fun b/c other yogis from the other yoga centers on the island join us for song. This was one of my favorite parts of studying with Rusty and Janet in San Francisco. Here, it is a bit more Vedic, i.e. monotone, but still fun.

The other night, we listened to harmonics a capella toning. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I thought I was royalty and I wondered where my attendants were. It was only when I saw my clothes that I realized I was Kyra in Thailand at yoga training. It was bizarre. They say the throat chakra is the realm of tapping into the electromagnetic universe through vibrations and sound. They say the electromagnetic universe contains the akashic records/field of everything in the past, present and future, i.e. all the vibrations/energies/frequencies. Did I, then, tap into a past life as royalty???? Who knows?

The journey continues...

Bye for now!

No comments: