Thursday, December 27, 2007

Test re. UWIFM

Today is December 27, 2007. I am sitting in my own office in San Francisco at a powerhouse firm of consumer protection and consumer rights. The office has only glass walls and high ceiling-windows in every office. The office is filled with the chilling sunlight of San Francisco. My window overlooks the gate of Chinatown. I have been her since October 20, 2003. Tomorrow is my last day. Soon, I may be walking through any number of gates to China proper. This is the beginning of my travels, a/k/a a spiritual journey to surrender to the unbroken wholeness of flowing movement. Tibetan monk Rinpoche and a physicist whose name I can't remember have described reality as the unbroken wholenss of flowing movement. The practice of yoga has allowed me not to grasp too tightly to things and to allow myself to feel the universal connectedness of all. Emotions are waves that come and go in the vast ocean of reality - they come and go, they are created and dissolve into the same realm - wholeness. I have spent my life in the western world and been highly educated therein. Now, it is time for me to explore the eastern realm. I will begin with three months of chakra yoga teacher training at Pyramid Yoga Center (www.chakrayoga.com) in Thailand (2/2/07-4/24/07), followed by???
I am considering Bali/Malaysia/Australia/New Zealand/Fiji or Cambodia/Laos/China/Tibet/Nepal/India or Egypt/Syria/Jordan/Turkey/(maybe Iran)/Greece/Spain/Morocco/Nepal/Tibet/India.
Ideally, I will travel and learn and just BE. The idea is to flow, to surrender, to grow. To experience what the East has to offer and to offer whan I have to provide.
I grew up in the Silicon Valley, but my ancestors owned orchards in 'The Valley of Heart's Delight.' During the dotcom boom, I was in law school and in law firms. I am proof that things aren't always what they seem - I am a luddite - this blog is my first technological feat and I am setting the objective of continuing this blog throught the year - a marvel in an of itself.
The reason for this blog? To keep my friends, family and loved ones included in my travels. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, whatever...please let me know. If you'd like to join me somewhere, please let me know. We will meet! The good news is that with this blog, we will meet as often as you'd like. I will never be farther than one click away from those that I hold so dear. I love you. I love this life. I am grateful for my freedom and courage and curiosity. I am grateful for you. Now, to work - only two days left!

2 comments:

boss b'livin said...

We all love you Kyra, Your physical presence will certainly be missed; however, your decision to broaden your experiences and extend your AMAZING SPIRIT to others in farther reaches of this world is absolutely commendable. Keep on rocking all that wonderful and I definitely hope I'll see you before your jet.

With purest adoration,
-Anyone

Ps; beautiful work pulling up with this blog label im so surprised it was still available. ….hmmm


GOOD KARHMA Y’ALL

Freeman said...

rockin Kyra !! congrats on the big move. im pretty sure its easy enough to get a mobile sim card in Thailand and almost everywhere else. At least in my part of India the monks carry them in their robes :)

ps. good luck keeping up the blog !!
pps. thats a reallly long address...